Monday, 1 February 2010

Confessions of a 10:23 Campaign Safety Officer

13 comments:

Paolo said...

The hurt thumb in London was:

a) not an isolated incident
b) probably my fault

Sorry.

Jake Archibald said...

I destroyed a pack of pills trying to open them, they scattered everywhere and were trampled into the soil.

I wonder what will grow.

Gavin Schofield said...

I jammed my pack of Arsen Alba and so I had to switch to the backup Belladona - although I had the Arsen Alba later because I was peckish. Didn't help.

Martin Robbins said...

I died...

(But then I got better)

Rob Heywood said...

I died.......laughing!

Anonymous said...

JakeR, actually.

Did anybody consider that if a tiny dose of a homeopathic substance is claimed more efficacious than a larger one, the mass suicide attempt should have had people taking a half-pill, a quarter-pill, or maybe a bit of the dust in the bottle? Recommendation for the next episode: do it with less of the "medicine," perhaps by performing a 30C dilution and succussion of the store-bought product.

Alice said...

I couldn't get the damned thing open at all; neither could the local journalist! I ended up having to go into Boots and asking them to open it for me. The poor lady who sold it to me had to pretty much put her entire weight on it. I wonder if it was a very light pack or something?

Anonymous said...

How typical of Richard Saunders ^^

Andy said...

No mention of Birmingham then? What is this - some sort of cover-up?? ;)

Crispian Jago said...

Sorry Brum,

I did watch your video and noted that .. no one died

artificialhabitat said...

It was all worth it..... everything from the 10:23 campaign back to the invention of homeopathy itself.... all worth it so that you would have an excuse to make this.

Well done, sir.

Andrew

Tsuken said...

JakeR/anonymous - I read that in Christchurch, NZ they di actually include some tiny amount/under-doses, for exactly that reason ;-)

SVETLANA PERTSOVICH said...

The reaction of homeopaths is most interesting thing in this story ;)
There is some press-release of them where they explain that nobody has died of overdosage because the homeopathy is HARMLESS! :)